Here are my final notes on getting HockeyApp
to integrate nicely with MonoTouch:
- Use the MonoTouch bindings from GitHub. I cleaned up the sample to demonstrate what happens when an exception is thrown, and also added the DebugLogEnabled property binding in case things aren't working. Also be sure to go through the readme in the github project to add the EnableCrashReporting() method.
- Place a copy of the HockeySDKResources.bundle in the root of your project directory (a bundle is really a directory of files). Select the Display All Files option from the Solution (not the project).
- If adding a reference to the precompiled HockeyApp.dll, and if you get build errors when compiling to device (error MT5202: Native linking failed. Please review the build log), add the following to your Additional mtouch arguments: -gcc_flags "-framework CoreGraphics -framework CoreText -framework QuartzCore"
- Be sure to do a Rebuild All, as the UUID of the dSYM doesn't update unless you do this, which will cause problems symbolicating the crash log.
- Make certain that your info.plist has a "Bundle versions string (short)" (CFBundleShortVersionString) entry.
- HockeyApp deals with unhandled exceptions. So if you had put a try/catch around your Main.cs, that exception will not be unhandled and will not get processed by HockeyApp. Ask me how I know... :(